Wednesday 30 April 2014

lucy loves... Host Event Management

A different sort of post for today... A bit of a Q&A with the lovely Olivia from Host Event Management.

I met Olivia earlier this year and we've struck up a lovely friendship immediately all starting from our love of weddings and organising things! Like me, Olivia won an award at the Bristol & Somerset Wedding Awards (still cannot believe that!) with Event Host Management scooping 'Best Wedding Planner'.

Host Event Management is an award winning professional wedding and event planning business based in Bristol, covering The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.

What is a wedding planner?
I get asked this quite a lot so here is a little definition to explain!

Wedding Planner (n): An expert in the wedding industry whose job is to ensure that the clients vision is brought to life saving them time, money and stress.  An advisor, counsellor and friend. Creating the wedding you have always dreamed of

Why might someone need your help?
If they have little time to put into the planning process due to work commitments or family life. If a couple doesn’t know where to start and needs some guidance to proceed. If they are booking a marquee or village wedding and feel they need some help leading up and on the day of the wedding.


What services can/do you offer?
I can offer a whole host (pardon the pun!) of services to suit each couples requirements and budgets:
  • On the day co-ordination
  • Kick start planning
  • Full Planning
  • Partial Planning
  • Venue Finding
  • Supplier Sourcing
  • Bars
  • Staff
  • Catering

What advice would you give a Bride and Groom struggling to plan their wedding but know what they want to achieve for their big day?
I would firstly arrange a meeting to discuss where the couple are in terms of planning and ask them about the ideas they have. A wedding planner is an advisor. The couple are in charge, I am just there to suggest and guide if required. My job is to make sure the couples vision is delivered. I would put together a workable plan which they can refer to after the meeting.

What is it about your job you love the most?
Knowing that I am helping people achieve their dream on the most important and special day of their lives. I love the reward you get when you are thanked by the couple who really appreciate what you have done for them.

When it comes to weddings what is your favourite part/s of the day?
The ceremony – without a doubt. I think I’ve cried at every ceremony I have ever watched! Such a soppy girl! It is so touching to be able to watch two people make that commitment to each other. That’s what a wedding is all about in reality.

If you could plan any celebrity wedding who's would it be and why?!
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge or a Royal couple. I love the Royal family and the pomp and circumstance that surrounds their weddings. It’s so magical. I was in awe of Kate’s wedding dress and I watched the Royal wedding avidly with a glass of pimms in hand! Perhaps I had better contact Prince Harry to let him know of my business before he ties the knot!

Here are some photos of some of the weddings Olivia has organised...





Thanks Olivia! I hope that gives you a better understanding of what a Wedding Planner does and how one can help a couple plan their very special day. If you would like to find out more, visit the website here.

Lucy loves... and Host Event Management are planning a styled shoot in the next few months and so there will be more from the two of us, along with lots of other lovely suppliers very soon.

I hope you've liked today's Q&A, more will follow throughout the year.

love lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment